Saturday 4 August 2012

weaning...or not...

BFF #3: breast milk can be used to get rid of warts - true story!

I often find myself wondering how long Maggie will feed for (already?! I hear you screaming). Only because one day, out of the blue, at 10 months old Elanor just stopped. She was still feeding around 4-6 times a day and just stopped. I tried offering her the breast for about 2 weeks with the only result being me getting upset, so finally gave it up as a lost cause. It really threw me off...I was, for some reason, expecting a nice gentle weaning period. Not so. Which is why I wonder whether the same thing will happen again, or not.

check those delicious rolls!
 For now we are just packing on the pounds! Unfortunately that refers to both of us...but that's for another day. sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Otto stopped, suddenly, at 11 months. I was quite devastated. He also refused formula or cows milk - just didn't want milk at all. It threw me too, because I imagined him being my baby that fed for ages (Aesop stopped at 13 months, I stopped offering and he never asked for it?!).. maybe Mollie will be that babe?

    ReplyDelete