Wednesday 22 August 2012

true post-baby body...

So I watched Jaquie Brown's new series "Keep calm and carry on" last night and she made a big deal of showing her "post-baby body"....I thought WOW, how brave - a NZ "celebrity" ready to show the nitty gritty...and to be honest I was disappointed. I looked at her and saw...nothing. Ok, maybe a little chub but really...nothing. I look at myself and see a pile of pizza dough big enough to make deep dish for a family of 6 stuck to my front. I guess I wanted to see a body that looks like mine, now 4 months postpartum... Why do we feel the need to compare?

It was probably a huuuuuge thing for her, I don't want to cheapen it and I guess we all have issues with our bodies, especially after pregnancy (post to come...!!) but after 2 children it is safe to say my body will NEVER be the same again and I think it will take me a long time to come to terms with this. It's quite possible that I won't, but that's nothing new for me (again, post to come!). So I wanted to do something brave...more brave than Jaquie Brown, I feel, as I actually have something to "show off". So, here she is... in all her glory.... my post-baby body...




That is all...

4 comments:

  1. You kick ass! Thanks for keeping it real Katie! Your post baby bod is beautiful. I always think of stretch marks as telling a story on our bodies, I love them. And also, is that a giraffe tattoo on your side? Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle to acknowledge that people I perceive as having "perfect" bodies also have body hangups. It means that no one is comfortable with who they are and raising a girl myself I think this is a shame. I am working in being comfortable with who I am so I don't pass on negative body image to her. Thankyou for sharing your real self. You are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am working to get past or at least come to terms with my body negativity as I really really rrrreally want to be a positive body-love role model for my little girls. It's the tail of a large (unfinished) leopard who lives on my back Manda. One day...one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very brave and very beautiful, inside and out! Very proud to be your friend.
    I went and watched the programme on demand, I needed to know what it was all about, and I can tell you I was also un-wowed. What is it about celebrities? How is it that none of them even get stretch marks?! I think perhaps they are a whole different species than us.
    My belly looks very much more like yours than hers - in fact, I am quite sure mine will never go back to looking anything like hers. I hope we can find the magical answer to body acceptance. I look forward to the essay xx

    ReplyDelete