Wednesday 9 May 2012

while you were sleeping...

I made you a dress! Not as creepy as you first thought.

Yesterday morning my (awesome) Dad looked after Elanor for an hour or so. He lives in a little house out the back of our place and Elanor looooooooves hanging out with him. Anyway, I digress... Pop looked after Elanor and Maggie cried! There's me thinking, perhaps selfishly "great, I'm not going to get anything done"! But 5 mins later she was asleep (yay!) and I had a go at a little peasant dress from this pattern - also thanks to Rhiannon for the Pinspiration!!

Time was precious, as it always is with a toddler and a newborn, but more so when you are as special a sewer as I am.  I used some leftovers from another project as I had little faith in myself and didn't want to waste anything too nice. Here's how it turned out...


the dress...

the dress and the model

haaard work... [ps. check the squidge arms. yum]



I think next time (yes, there will be a next time!) I will make it a tad longer as Maggie, like her sister, is a baby long-legs.  I'd love to say that she gets those luscious long legs from me..alas...I am a dwarf...


1 comment:

  1. Super cute... both the babe and the dress. That face Maggie makes is classic, such a 'ahhh forggeddabout it' face!

    ReplyDelete