Sunday 13 May 2012

Happy Mamas!

Today is Mothers' day... for all that means! Every day is Mothers' day, surely?

I am lucky enough (and no, I'm not bragging, just stating a fact!) to have a husband who makes me feel appreciated as a Mama almost every day, even if my littles don't! Especially when my littles don't.
Last week Elanor and I had an episode which in short was screaming for 45 mins in the pram while I was trying to get some exercise (!!) then taking off her belt and falling out the front of the pram and grazing up her nose and lips...then of course back into the pram for another half hour screaming while we walked back. She never usually does this, ever, which made it all the more frustrating and try as I might to stay calm it's safe to say that by the time we got back I was crying too. And to top it off Maggie woke up about 5 mins from home and joined in. Ah, bliss! No but seriously...at that point when I got home with two crying children (one bleeding), crying myself and so frustrated that I could hardly talk to Elanor, J took over.  He comforted Elanor while I fed Maggie then came and hugged me and reassured me that I was doing a good job...this was a bad moment, but I was doing a good job.

Sometimes I don't think people realize that Mamas need and want (?) to be told they are doing a good job by the people they love (yes, this is even true for 2nd, 3rd, 4th babies...).  I feel like this affirmation and reassurance is invaluable. So today is a good day for some good ol' fashioned forced reinforcement. And to all the beautiful mothers I know - you are amazing.  You are doing a great job and don't you forget it.  Yes there are hard days, bad days, disasterous days even but please never forget that you are doing a great job in growing awesome, thoughtful, enquiring and loving little souls to help nourish this (messed up) society.  There! Good job Mamas...you know who you are!

And to my own Mama... I am so grateful of your continued support and your commitment to my and my "new" family's happiness.  You are a strong, beautiful woman (inside and out) and a wonderful role model for our girls. Soppy - love you Mum!!


No comments:

Post a Comment