Wednesday 23 May 2012

home sweet home...

We are lucky enough to rent a (pretty darn nice) house from my mother, which means that painting, hanging, changing and generally wreaking creative havoc is allowed. Well, maybe not havoc but...we'll see!
I thought I'd do a series of photos of our little whare and the changes we make. Preferably before and after photos, but some deeds have been done pre-blogging without photo evidence.

This is J and I's bedroom. All we have done in here so far is put up curtains and done the display above the bed.  We are huuuuuuuge smooshy nerds and like to read aloud to each other in bed so I decided to frame some illustrations from a selection of favourite books. And yes, I realise most if not all of the ones so far are kids' books!





Clockwise from the top we have Alice in Wonderland (because I love it), The BFG (1st book we read aloud), WTWTA, A map of Middle Earth (J's all time favourite...plus we listen to the BBC radio version at least once a year, and once a pregnancy!) and Watership Down (we read this while I was pregnant with Elanor and struggled to finish it through tears at the end). 

A simple way to personalize the otherwise beige boudoir.

Most if not all of the house is currently painted beige...but we'll soon change that!


No comments:

Post a Comment