Friday 13 July 2012

hello stranger...

Lately I have really been hanging out for the weekends; mainly so I can see that guy that lives in my house...husband? During the week he goes out at 6.45am, which is (usually) before we get up. I stir for a goodbye smooch then roll over for those last precious minutes before one or both of the littles wake up. At the other end he comes in around 5.20pm and ya'll know what that time of night is like - it's one "job" after another...tea, bath, story, story, story (E is a story-guts!) then bed. At this point the Maggie feeding begins and she and I sit on the couch nursing until 9.30pm when she (and I!) is ready to go to bed. Sleep. Wake. Begin again.

Long story short, I feel like I don't see him during the week, thus the weekend joy. Even then there are jobs to do but at least we can do them together/hang out/have the energy to interact! Okay, it's not quite that bad but I guess that's how life goes when you have littles on the team (she says with a 13wk old babe and already contemplating the next...madness!). We have to take the small moments of quiet in the week to remember to snuggle and support and tell each other how awesome we are.

you are awesome...


1 comment: