Sunday 17 June 2012

weight loss journey *whinge alert*

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

There, I did it. Right. So... I was doing fine, had lost over 8kg and then BAM, scales break. Of course we buy new ones AND THEY'RE DIFFERENT!!! Damn you new, working scales. Turns out I'm 10kg heavier on the new ones and it has really got me down. But I guess I've still lost the same amount of weight (?)...I just have waaaaay further to my goal than I thought. Sigh. Huge sigh.
I guess I am annoyed cos I haven't had a piece of cake or basically anything yummy, barring about 6 squares of chocolate in almost a month. You may well cry "whoa" sarcastically but that is a huge thing in this house as both J and I are mega sweet tooth and had just pretty much been eating whatever we felt like...which is not an issue for him - damn you svelte husband!

I just want to reach my goal weight before I get pregnant again and put it all back on. Hah! Futile? Maybe...



1 comment:

  1. Ahh, stink one! Damn you, new scales!
    But you are right, you have still lost a fair chunk of weight and you're doing so well. Don't let it put you off. If anything, use it as fuel to keep up the good work! You can totally do it.

    And I know allllll about losing weight so you can grow babies and pile it all back on, my weight since getting pregnant with Aesop has been a massive yo-yo. Is it wrong that it freaks me out a little that when I lose it this time (and I will, dammit!) I'll actually have to keep it off? No more good excuses to eat what I like and chub up again.

    I also know all about svelte husbands that can eat anything and barely even have a belly. If I didn't like abraham so much, I wouldn't like him at all. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete