Monday 4 June 2012

thanking the baby catchers...

Last week (at least it was last week when I started this post...now more like 2 weeks ago but hey, who's counting!) was our last home visit with the wonderful Michele Lord, our midwife.  How's this for funny...last time, with Elanor, Jackie was our midwife but Michele was her alternate and was present for Elanor's birth so this time we went with Michele but it ended up being Jackie who was present for Maggie's birth. Whack!
Anyway... Michele supported me all the way through my commitment to VBAC and my decision to pretty much do what I wanted when I go to the hospital (!) or even maybe perhaps accidentally on purpose stay at home a little too long...whoops, baby! She is an amazingly strong woman and as well as working her caseload she has been having to watch her father get sicker and sicker and eventually pass away the week just gone.  I have so much confidence and faith in Michele and she totally puts me at ease.  She is such a calm and beautiful soul - what can I say, I love my midwife!! Gush.

These are the gifts... (one for Jackie, one for Sarah - Michele's student and one, of course, for Michele).


I also made them some dark chocolate covered raspberry cake balls...I know right, you're thinking about becoming a midwife so you can hang with me and get gifts too. 

!!

PS. The photo is poor - Michele's (the big one) says "(baby) catch and kiss xox" and "baby catching - it's a way of life"...Jackie's - "slice of heaven..." and Sarah's "(baby) catch and kiss".

2 comments:

  1. That's it, totally seeking out people like you when I'm a midwife. ha ha. The initial interview will be 'Do you craft?' 'Do you blog?' and 'Can you bake?'. If not, they're out! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I call an interview!

    ReplyDelete