Wednesday 22 January 2014

sleep update #1...

So, sorry Dr. Jay Gordon, as wonderful as your method sounded I have to admit I have not followed it through. I have decided that the best thing for us at the moment is to just go with what works in the moment. Some nights Maggie will go back to sleep with a cuddle, some nights not. I am consciously trying to delatch her before she is asleep though. Unless I am unconscious, then... not so much.
The main reason for this is that she doesn't make a fuss when I stick a boob in her mouth and it is better for everyone's sleep if the night is quiet. Catch my drift? So for now we will continue to do whatever works at a given time...but with a slightly more conscious (unless I am, as previously mentioned, unconscious) effort not to feed her all the way back to sleep during the night.
Last night she did one of her longest stretches in her whole life EVER - 7pm-12.45am. 5 hours and 45 mins. BOOYAH!
And now you're probably falling asleep at the boringness of my night life. Hey, at least someone is asleep...!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember how old Maggie is but around 13 months E really sorted her sleep out. Mostly on her own but with a few gentle nudges, maybe Mags' time will come soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie will be 2 in April so around 22 months. Yeah I was hoping for some kind of miracle around 12m, then 18m...maybe 2??

    ReplyDelete