Monday 8 April 2013

birth days...

Enjoying the late afternoon sunshine whilst unwrapping the pot for the planting of the placenta tomorrow on the smallest Hansen lady's first birthday has got me thinking... isn't it funny how generally people don't say happy birth day to the Mama? It's as much your birth day as it is the bebe's, right? I think so.
When I wake up in the morning I'll be thinking of the milestones and times as we go through the day. At 2pm I'll remember how I went downstairs to our bed to lie down with Elanor and how 10 minutes later I was up in the lounge rocking. At 3pm I'll remember the look on Jason's face as he came back from the barn expecting to find Ellie and I sleeping peacefully but instead found me grinding my lower back into the kitchen bench (soooooo good!). And at 6.32pm I'll remember that huge surge of power and emotion as Maggie came into the world...then after the briefest touch was taken away to be put on a ventilator. At 10.10pm before I go to bed I'll remember the first time I saw that baby girl, all tubes and wires and smushed up little face.

I think all Mamas deserve a congratulatory hug on their little ones' birth days...no matter how long ago it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment